Sony TC-K611S Problem

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting my Sony TC-K611S tape deck to play and record.

When the play button is pressed the deck makes a sound like a normally operating tape deck would if you were to pause and then immediately un-pause it. However, the tape doesnt advance when it makes the "un-pause sound". All other functions (FF, RW) work fine though. Also, when power to the deck is turned on the pause indicator light blinks twice and then turns off...

Any help getting this old deck to play again would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

-Ben

Reply to
Ben Abzug