Sony CDP-CX450 Skips after 15 mins

I have a Sony CDP-CX450 and after about 15 mins of playing a cd it will start to skip. You can watch the display and it will be jumping from the currently playing track to the previous track played, then back and forth. Is this a common problem with this unit? Any ideas on what could cause this? Thanks for any help

Reply to
Todd

Todd: Dirty laser lens? Debris in sled gear or damaged sled gear? Bad ribbon cable on laser sled? Bad spindle motor? Bad laser head? Faulty circuitry? go to the website for this newsgroup at

there with some searching you will find a wealth of information. If, after reading the repairfaq, you are still not certain how to proceed then you should TAKE it to a service shop, for at the very least, a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision. electricitym . . .

Reply to
electricitym

Well I got a new spindle motor, and a new lens. Can anyone help me on where to hook a scope up to align the new lens? Thanks

Reply to
Todd

Todd:

You can go to the website for this newsgroup at

electricitym

Reply to
electricitym

You can usually just install it and go, provided the spindle motor platter height is unchanged, and any solde shorting blob on the pickup is cleared. If you replaced just the motor, and not the whole subchassis as Sony sells it, and did not measure spindle height, you've got a problem.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias