sony DCR-DVD101 vertical lines

I have a sony DCR-DVD101 camcorder that has problems with the picture both in the viewfinder and on recorded and outputted video. The picture has vertical pixelated lines running up the screen, almost as if looking through a kaliedoscope. I have read some posts that seem to indicate that this might be a problem with the CCD? (not even sure what that is, but I am guessing that it is the assembly directly behind the lens). I have dissasemled the unit and sprayed with circut chiller (while operating) with no effect, and I dont smell any "fishy" caps, but I will look in more detail, but I'd just like to know if im on the right track or not. I have experience repairing various electronics, but this is my first camcorder!

Reply to
bdtprez

This is a problem that guessing at it will not fix it. Most of the time, it is the CCD unit, or the digital processing that is the fault. Without analysing the signal through its path, it would be impossible to guess at what the fault is.

These units are normally serviced by using modular servicing rather than component level service. When changing any circuit board, proper calibration may be necessary. This will require the proper instrumentation, and service information to perform.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
JANA