Small fluorescent lamp needed

Hello All

I need to find a source for a small fluorescent "U" lamp that measures

2 1/2 inches in its U shape and the tube diameter is 7/16 inches. A single wire comes out each end and ithe wires are soldered to the pcb. This lamp is in the base of a small statue. The electronic ballast is powered by a 9 volt wall wort. The ballast is putting out about 1000 volts which is the starting voltage for this type of lamp according to a pdf file I found for this type of ballast. I measured at the wires where they enter the tube.
The voltage is supposed to drop to 500 volts ac when the lamp ignites. Thanks in advance.

gagnonrchrd

Reply to
gagnonrchrd

Howdy, I did a bit of net searching but U-shaped CCFLs are not real common. If you follow some links from

you might find a supplier. Good luck!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

I've seen very similar lamps to that at Lowes, they were for solar powered garden lights, it would probably work for your application though you might have to remove the base.

Reply to
James Sweet

Check out sign shops. They make custom bulbs all day long.

Reply to
Ibn Fadlan