how to connect ledtronicled48t8sm lamp

I am trying to replace two T-8 CFL (48 inches) to convert to T-8 LED (model LED48T8SM, made by LEDtronic, Inc.). Both are two pins, CFL and LED. When I remove the original T-8 on the Compact Flourscent Lamp, that will give me

120 volts (hot to neutral). What is the configuration connections on the LED tombstone? Is it one end both pins on hot and the other end on neutral, or do you jumper one end and the other end, one hot on one pin and one neutral on the other pin (same side of T-8 lamp)? If you can draw me a configuration on a single lamp or combination two lamps I would appreciate.
Reply to
A. Alferos

everyone on the internet has an opinion, in mine the best you will get will be that of LEDtronic inc, ask them.

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

"A. Alferos"

** 48inch, T8 and CFL ?????

Provide a link.

** Really??

T8 fluoros usually have high frequency ballasts fitted.

You sure you have any idea what you are saying.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

This seems to be a brain dead product.

First of all, this is _not_ a _compact_ fluorescent lamp, just an original T8 1200 mm tube (originally labeled as "36 W" fluorescent).

If you try to make a replacement for something else, just make it is compatible.

"Direct Retrofit into Fluorescent T8,T10,T12 Fixtures" this only apply to mechanical dimensions.

"(Installation requires line voltage to bypass ballast/transformer/starter directly to fluorescent sockets.)"

What the F*CK?

If you bypass ballast etc. and later on replace a failed LED tube with an ordinary fluorescent lamp, it will explode, injuring/killing the installer and possibly starting a fire.

After a few such episodes, the manufacturer should be prosecuted and the product taken out of the market.

In Europe, we have already seen situation in which some tube LED replacement has been taken out of the market, when inserting one end of the tube into the socket would cause the full mains voltage (230 Vac) into the installers hand pushing the other end of the tube to the opposite socket.

If some manufacturer makes pin/socket compatible products, they should be really that, so that the layman can use these products interchangeable with the original product.

Other than that, it is a more or less a criminal neglect.

Reply to
upsidedown

** Absolute bollocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The starter unity has to be replaced when the LED tube was fitted and the replacement has a fuse inside.

If some wally fits a regular fluoro tube, there is a flash and then nothing.

One or both filaments at the ends will be open.

End of story.

Fittings that are made specifically for LED tubes have warning labels on them too.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison