Sharp XG NV33XE projector ballast

Hi folks, I need help with this unit i have in for repair.A Sharp XG NV33XE lcd projector. I haven't tried getting a service manual for it because invariably one doesn't see details for the ballast section in them. The unit's pretty old too so i doubt i'll ever see one again. The lamp comes on at power up and cuts off immediately. The bulb glow seems a bit too bright. The unit came in with both power supply and ballast main electrolytic filters exploded and an open ballast supply series resistor (R1 on ballast pcb). I've tried using an 18 ohm and then a 150 ohm resistor in place. I can't identify the value of the resistor. The ballast has a 28 pin philips ic on board bearing numbers "V2 01c and then KTL9555 9844h ). I can't find a datasheet for the ic, tried philips semiconductor site too. Anyone out here to share info on this matter?.

Reply to
jango2

Hi folks, I need help with this unit i have in for repair.A Sharp XG NV33XE lcd projector. I haven't tried getting a service manual for it because invariably one doesn't see details for the ballast section in them. The unit's pretty old too so i doubt i'll ever see one again. The lamp comes on at power up and cuts off immediately. The bulb glow seems a bit too bright. The unit came in with both power supply and ballast main electrolytic filters exploded and an open ballast supply series resistor (R1 on ballast pcb). I've tried using an 18 ohm and then a 150 ohm resistor in place. I can't identify the value of the resistor. The ballast has a 28 pin philips ic on board bearing numbers "V2 01c and then KTL9555 9844h ). I can't find a datasheet for the ic, tried philips semiconductor site too. Anyone out here to share info on this matter?. Thanx in anticipation, Jango

Reply to
jango2