Infocus LitePro-620 projector repair

Hi!

I got this broken projector yesterday.. The unit was totally dead when I got it and so I opened it. Did some tracing, and found one blown resistor (fusible or flameproof?) at the primary sife of the PSU, just before the rectrifier and caps.

There were two 10ohm, 5W resistors in series, and one of them had blown. There aren´t any model markings on the resistor, except for logo like Delta- symbol with highlight.. This resistor it is aboat 26.5mm long and

13.2mm by 9.5mm. White ceramic resistor. PCB marking is R6.

Does anyone have schematics for this projector? Needed primarily for helping me to trace possible reasons why this resistor opened... I´v already checked the rectrifier, caps and the triac that´s connected to the other pin of this resistor. The other pin of Triac is connected between Cap1 negative pole and Cap2 positive pole. Triac is ST AVS12CB, looks like it is connected like typical application in the ST datasheet. Not exactly like it, because there is a relay that bypasses resistors when closed.

So, I need schematics for the PSU unit.. Also, is it possible that the resistor broke on its own?

Sorry for my english.. TIA!

- Jiri K.

Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jiri_Kuukasj=E4

Rare but possible, after checking what you checked, I'd replace the resistor and see what happens, if it doesn't work it might still give you clues as to what else is wrong.

Reply to
James Sweet

After checking also several transistors and diodes, that´s what I deciced to do. I replaced the blown resistor and it worked! I´m currently watching Snooker WC (Davis vs. Greene) match.. :)

Another questions though,

  • Is there any way to find out the how much lamp has used? Seller had no idea... The "Replace lamp" light isn´t on.
  • There appears to be some kind of counter.. Is it possible that it has resetted as the psu broke?

- Jiri K.

Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jiri_Kuukasj=E4