sharp component system - No output

Hi guys I have a sharp CD-DK4500 which has no output to the speakers

If you unplug it, and let it sit, then plug it in, it will work fine for maybe 10-15 seconds and then you hear a click inside the unit and the speakers stop. The click suggests to me something is shorting? And leaving it unplugged lets the short un-do itself? Or something, I dont know which is why im asking in here, any ideas?

Reply to
spagheddie

The click is coming either from the standby relay, or the output relay, and indicates that the unit is either protecting itself - possibly from the effects of a defective speaker - or is protecting your speakers from a defect within itself.

First move is to disconnect all speakers, and see if it stays powered then.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I unplugged the speakers and still hear the click after 10-15seconds

Reply to
spagheddie

That being the case, unless you are an experienced engineer, with appropriate test equipment to determine exactly what the unit's system control * thinks * is going wrong, you are unlikely to get to the bottom of the problem, and it's probably time to take it to your local repairer. Sorry ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily