Service manual sources

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times but it's confusing for someone like me, who is an electronics nut but not active in the repair business.

Where in the heck is the best source for service manuals?

I know all the ins and outs about try the manufacturer first etc.....but certainly there's something out there that puts it all together? What is Servicemanuals.net?...any good? Are these just downloadable pdf's they have?

They have what I'm looking for (a Samsung SV-5000w manual).

I wish there was a one-stop source for these....in the past I've either had to order from the manufacturer parts dept or one of a dozen companies that only represent certain manufacturers...like Fox electronics etc....what a pain.

So where do I go?

THANKS !

Reply to
Michael

Have a look at eserviceinfo.com Just type your model number in the search and you just may find what you are looking for.

Alex

Michael wrote:

Reply to
427Cobraman

Ok thanks...looks good.

How do you read an .rar file? (sounded like real audio but that isn't doing it)

It's a schematic file that was posted for a Samsung VCR.

??

Reply to
Michael

WinRar - it's a compressor like Zip.