Laptop Keyboard Dead

I am checking out a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop for a friend. The keyboard doesn't work, but an external keyboard works when plugged into the external port. I also get a stuck key error from dell diagnostics. I checked the ribbon cable and it is plugged in tight and not cut or torn. Are keyboard failures very common? Thanks

Reply to
George S

Yes they are but , this may sound crazy, i had this problem with a csutomer dell just last week try starting the pc with a win 98 or melenium floppy once the computer finishes booting test you keyboard. I bet it works just fine. What has happened is a driver has gotten corrupt. Ya it somes crazy but i bet this is your problem

Reply to
David Naylor