Epson Stylus 2200 is having a depressive fit, maybe....

Howdy --

I went ploughing through Google Groups and couldn't find any references to my printer, so.... Does anyone know how to un-clog the ink system in this machine? It doesn't seem to have the same kind of nozzles as every other Epson out there! I the last week, two of the colors have cut out completely, so I 'm pretty much guessing about the clogging issue. The cartridges aren't ancient. If I could find a manual that doesn't turn out to be useless (!) that would be great -- just don't want to spend any nickels on something I can't peek at first. Thanks for any pointers --

Tara

Reply to
Tara Banfield

Google for a service manual. Or better yet read the manual that came with the printer. There is a cleaning cycle.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Hmmm.

Yes, there IS a cleaning cycle! The (not-listening) Epson tech told me to try that routine AFTER I told him I had tried that routine over and over and OVER. BEFORE I called him. And it has been run over and over and over again! About a dozen times. I thought it would cure the missing light magenta lines. But then, one of the black blocks disappeared on the test page! Somebody's constipated, I tell ya. I sort of assumed I should run all the tests and checks and follow all the instructions AND contact Epson before I went looking for help here, so I did! Honest! That sucker's been cleaned to kingdom come. Lots of ink down the pike. Still constipated. All of that was done BEFORE I came here, and after the many unproductive nozzle checks and cleaning cycles. Googled like mad for a service manual. BEFORE I came here. Haven't got spare change to throw at a document I can't evaluate beforehand, so thought "Hey -- maybe some kind person has a pointer to some convenient resources!" I have bought utterly worthless "Complete repair manual" products before. Yes, I know how to use search engines. It's true. But if we all were just supposed to clam up and go buy a service manual, what's this group here for?

Tara

Tara Banfield

There are many issues regarding Epsons and both genuine and apparent ink clogs. You may never actually get a fix on it. In the last 3 years, I have thrown away two Epson all-in-ones in utter frustration. The dipstick at Epson support had become like a family friend. I have now gone back to an HP, which never clogs. All of which doesn't help your immediate problem. Try the following links. I'm sure you'll find the info right away, or someone who knows how to help you directly

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Thanks, Arfa!

I had an HP awhile back -- the fountain kept spitting ink all over the rollers and it tracked like mad, and I can't count the number of times I sent it back. The cleaning kit was useless. But....hey....it DIDN'T clog. Never thought of that. I'm starting to think that level 1 tech support EVERYWHERE is done by goobers. Once, I had an ink-munching Lexmark that kept on going and going and going......it was worth the extra ink! I'll go take a look at those links -- thank you!

Tara

Try

Reply to
Tara Banfield

Thee is a cleaning fluid for these. Try

and search for your model.

--
.
Reply to

I refuse to have any EPSON printers in my house after experiencing similar problems. While they work , they are fine. But they just get new ink, not new nozzles when you put in a new cartridge. That makes it a little cheaper, for a while, but when you have to buy a whole new printer because the nozzles are hopelessly clogged, it's not saving anything. I now go for Canon, HP and Lexmark printers, They have new nozzles with each new cartridge, and the cartridges can be refilled quite a few ( more than 10 times in my experience) if you are so inclined.

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

Well -- the 2200 doesn't have the same kind of nozzle setup, and you can't do the syringe flush routine, which is what that fluid is designed to do (I checked that out in phase one). HOWEVER.....Arfa's advice led me to a service manual for $4.95. It's enormous, but assumes the person doing the repairs is a professional! I'll have to draw a bunch of conclusions, but that's okay. It's either risk permanent printer damage or toss the printer. No dilemma. Since I'm now officially allergic to HP and Epson, I guess it's Lexmark and Canon for me!

Tara ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tara Banfield

I've been happiest with my Brother.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

=EF=BF=BDHOWEVER.....Arfa's advice led me to a

the

Where is the manual for $4.95?

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Try posting your problem to

comp.periphs.printers

There is a guy there that seems to be an expert at unclogging Epsons.

--- Joe

Reply to
Joe

Oh, hey -- I have an ancient electric Brother typewriter, and I love that thing. It never dies.

Reply to
Tara Banfield

:)

Thanks everyone, for the help!