Searching for a Fuse

Hello all,

I am searching for a SMD Fuse or equivalent.

The fuse is about .130 long and about .080 wide It has a Capital Letter "B" on the surface.

It is rated at 125VAC and maybe in the 5-10amp range. Most likely Fast Acting

Some how it got whacked in a previous power outage.

I have two goals. To find out the amperage of the fuse and maybe a source for a replacement.

I can solder in a glass fuse at the same value or maybe de-solder this one and replace with the same.

Either way the fuse amp value is the most important.

I have searched but, it seems the actual value is encrypted in a multitude of different ways.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

For others it would be nice to tell what equipment it is used in.

KenW

Reply to
KenW

I have a document from a maker of fuses and the "B" marking is rated at .125 Amp. I would think they would all use the same system, but who knows??

Reply to
Ken

Sorry, I was focusing on the SMD Fuse only. It is for a control board for a clock.

Hope that helps.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Would mind sharing the name of the maker of the fuses. I can hopefully do some research from there. .125 Amp is also a start.

Thanks,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Littlefuse

Reply to
Ken

Sorry All, I just remember that I had this same problem 2 years ago with another board. And I had asked the same question here and received information then on using a LVR025S fuse.

At that time I was very busy and decided to just get a replacement board and fixed the unit. Now, I have another with the exact same issue. This time I am going to try and find a solution.

As I remember (?) I could not find any place to purchase just maybe

10 each of the replacement fuses. Quantities were in the 1000's or some very large number, which turned be to the other solution.

May happen again............................

Anyhow sorry for the repeat question.

Have a good day.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

The fuse you mention above (LVR025S) comes right up on a Digikey.com search at 79 cents each, with about 3500 in stock. They might have the surface mount part too.

Best regards, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

Thanks Tim, already found 25 on eBay for $10.00. More than I need but good for an experiment and stock.

Have a good day!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1