MiTAC 3026E Laptop Can't make it on

Max Rating:11V-2.8A S/N:002J1A3773 R043D FCC ID:EJH3026E

I worked on my laptop by connecting its AC Adapter(Model3026A-ADA) through wall outlet. AC Input:100-240V,1.0A,50/60Hz DC Output:11V-2.8A Laptop failed to open,does not shows Power light on its front cover.After minutes of connection to Power Socket,I touched cord from Adapter to Laptop which became hot,I feel smell of burning not sure from where exactl.I checked underside of Laptop where Power Cord connected was also warm. On Power Cord Cable(showing 10 Wires) to Laptop following is written: AWM E101344 STYLE 2464 VW-1 300V 80 Centigrade Space Shuttle Its wonder why it failed to make my laptop working as reading above shows that it can withstand 80 Celcius. Any help/suggestion pls. Will I open the adapter to check it's Protection fuse T1A/250V? In an effort to take out fuse,I have totally broken fuse glass,it was still intact with it's right/left terminals fixed in a metal cap with strong soldered legs.I have taken these remains of fuse legs to see If I can buy the same and solder it on it's previous pads. Can I run laptop without fixing fuse for Adapter?

Reply to
Thaqalain

Sounds like the initial problem is in the laptop, not the power adapter. The adapter will not function without a correct fuse.

JMK

Reply to
Jack

Before I read your post , I have broken fuse to take it out as it was strongly soldered to legs of it's protective capping.I don't know why chinese designed it like this.For monitors/Tvs we can easily remove it and replace it.But for this adapter,it can only be removed in pieces.

Reply to
Thaqalain

Can I run adapter and Laptop without fuse?As I don't think so fuse with another protective capping with legs for soldering is available in Market.

Reply to
Thaqalain

It can be removed in one piece by unsoldering it.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

No, you cannot run the adapter without the fuse. It will not function. It is difficult to solder wires to a fuse. Look for a fuse OF THE SAME RATING of the "pigtail" type. These have the wires already soldered to the end caps. Then remove the board from the adapter, unsolder the broken fuse and solder in the new fuse.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

Damage is being already committed,I can do only solder from newly purchased gun,not sure how to unsolder if situation require in future. An

Reply to
Thaqalain

My foot and palm injured due to glass remains of fuse stuck to skin. Can I unsolder the same fuse from a printer adapter and fix it to laptop adapter,what should be looked in laptop as a first step?

Reply to
Thaqalain

After opening laptop,I found AA size,3.6V,one Tadiran Lithium Inorganic Battery.I need to check this is working or failed.

Reply to
Thaqalain

Reply to
Mike Berger

There is no way,I can open Printer Adapter made in Mexico,I don't why they designed it to be locked. I have used a different monitor fuse and loosely connected it's terminals via soldering,but adapter did'nt worked,its dead. Right tpye of fuse is not available in Canadian famous electronics shops(Future,Circuit City/Radio Shack,Canada Tyre,Wall Mart etc).

Reply to
Thaqalain

Reply to
Mike Berger

Just get the current correct. Almost any 'type' of fuse will work if you get it connected. Do I correctly surmise from the above that you got a fuse connected, but the adaptor still didn't work?

In that case you're barking up the wrong tree. Something else is wrong. A new fuse is only either going to A) blow again, or; B) not blow, but the adaptor won't work, either.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

I feel either fuse was failed or soldering having voids inside.I will retouch adapter at coming weekend.

Reply to
Thaqalain

Can I solder normal fuse cap terminals(without wire legs)directly to previous solder spots.

Reply to
Thaqalain

Reply to
Mike Berger

Despite being warned not to use other fuse,I have successfully solderd pigtail type fuse 125V-4A taken out from an old TV to old soldered spots instead of 250V T1A specified But as in past I took out AA size,3.6V,Tadiran Lithium Inorganic Battery for atleast 24 hr,it seems that BIOS data is disturbed and Laptop showing configuration error due to coprocessor. Why this time performance of Adapter is very well as in past the adapter in it's original shape has heated supply cord to Laptop.This time cord is not hot,its looking miracle.Why adapter running very well except one of LED is not lighted? Is there any future failure expected?Will I go ahead fixing LAptop configuration setting based on this adapter's durability if it favors during Laptop life?

Reply to
Thaqalain

fire ... burning ... conflagration ...

:-)

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

If it is ,chances were likely more in the past when power supply cord was heated moments after Adapter connection to Laptop?

Support your response with technical reasoning.

Reply to
Thaqalain

It's never a good idea to replace a fuse with the wrong size.

You may have jostled something while working on it, making it appear to be ok, but it could fail again, this time with compromised safety components.