Screw in flourescent light bulbs.

Is that the best you can do, with your TWO HONORS DEGREES? What a ripoff!

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

claning up to do.

So a sample so small as to be meaningless. Too bad you didn't study statistics. Some pets like cages. They feel secure, in their own space. I suppose you are against fenced in yards & dog houses, too.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You really are dense, aren't you? Some LED arrays are built on an aluminum heatsink.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

lighting is from the light source itself, not the wires supplying it. I've never felt any LEDs getting warmer than body temperature.

No, just substandard.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

heat input, no.

the bathroom. It has lasted just fine.

CFL get to 100C. That would mean an incandescent would get a lot hotter than that! What of the surrounding stuff, like the ceiling?

Yes, and so was Chernobyl. I prefer not to have things that hot inside my house.

..%%%%% ... .%%%%%%"" .%%%%%%%/%%%%%" ..... .%%%%%%%%%%%%%%\\ ..:::::::::::.. :;"" {_}\\%%/%%%%%%.. .:::::::::::::::::. {_}/{_}%%%%%%% ::::::::::::::::::::: \\\\// """\\:: ::::::::::::::::::::::: \\\\//

---____-----__---------_____----....-----..--.....~-----_____-\\\\//---_____-

-----___---___----____--__--_.----...----...----..---__--_-___\\\\//--___--__

--____----__-___-----____----_...-----..--..---..___-------__\\\\//_-----____ ___----____------____---__--___..--..-..----....___-----___--\\\\//_---__----

---___--___--__---__----___---___..----------._---____-----__\\\\//___---__--

--___---_-___-------______------___--___----___--__------___-\\\\//__--__---- ____------____----_________------__ \\\\//

--_____--__--____ ' \\\\// _ __--- @ , " {_} . '

Reply to
Peter Hucker

If it's too hot for me to hold, the LEDs will also be too hot. If the heatsink is working, then it won't be too hot for my hand or the LEDs.

A first-grade teacher was having trouble with one of her students. The teacher asked, "Little Johnny what is your problem?"

Little Johnny answered, "I'm too smart for the first-grade. My sister is in the third-grade and I'm smarter than she is! I think I should be in the third-grade too!"

The teacher had enough. She took Little Johnny to the principal's office. While Little Johnny waited in the outer office, the teacher explained to the principal what the situation was. The principal told the teacher he would give the boy a test and if he failed to answer any of his questions he was to go back to the first-grade and behave. The teacher agreed. Little Johnny was brought in and the conditions were explained to him and he agreed to take the test.

Principal: "What is 3 x 3?" Little Johnny: "9"

Principal: "What is 6 x 6?" Little Johnny: "36"

And so it went with every question the principal thought a third-grade should know. The principal looks at the teacher and tells her, "I think Little Johnny can go to the third-grade." The teacher says to the principal, "Let me ask him some questions?" The principal and Little Johnny both agree.

Teacher: "What does a cow have four of that I have only two of? Little Johnny: "Legs"

Teacher: "What is in your pants that you have but I do not have?" (The principal wondered, why does she ask such a question!) Little Johnny: "Pockets"

Teacher: "What does a dog do that a man steps into?" Little Johnny: "Pants"

Teacher: What's starts with a C and ends with a T, is hairy, oval, delicious and contains thin whitish liquid?" (The principal's eyes open really wide and before he could stop the answer...) Little Johnny: "Coconut"

Teacher: "What goes in hard and pink then comes out soft and sticky?" Little Johnny: "Bubblegum"

Teacher: "What does a man do standing up, a woman do sitting down and a dog do on three legs?" (The principal's eyes open really wide and before he could stop the answer...) Little Johnny: "Shake hands"

Teacher: "Now I will ask some '"Who am I" sort of questions, okay?" Little Johnny: "Yup"

Teacher: "You blow me, you feel good" Little Johnny: "Nose"

Teacher: "I have a stiff shaft. My tip penetrates. I come with a quiver" Little Johnny: "Arrow"

Teacher: "What word starts with an 'F' and ends in 'K' that means a lot of excitement?" Little Johnny: "Firetruck"

The principal breathed a sigh of relief and told the teacher, "Put his ass in the fifth-grade, I got the last ten questions wrong myself!"

Reply to
Peter Hucker

heat input, no.

in the bathroom. It has lasted just fine.

CFL get to 100C. That would mean an incandescent would get a lot hotter than that! What of the surrounding stuff, like the ceiling?

house.

Well, we don't have to worry about any of your bright ideas setting the world on fire. For someone who claims to have a honors degree in Physuics, you don't know anything. Do you ever cook anything, or do you live on birdseed?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You said that I have no sense of humor. How can it be deteriorating? You haven't read any of my comedy Sci-Fi writing, so what do you know?

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Because they are a lot smarter than you, and can easily con you into doing the maid's work.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

claning up to do.

Then why do you keep them in your house? hey should be free to fly anywhere they want to. You just keep them in a bigger cage.

I don't want to know about your time in prison, or your prison 'freinds'.

WTF is a battery farm? Do you start with AAAA cells, then feed & water them till they are full grown D cells?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I've

heatsink is working, then it won't be too hot for my hand or the LEDs.

Sure its ok. What's that smell? Someone is cooking bacon!

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

lighting is from the light source itself, not the wires supplying it. I've never felt any LEDs getting warmer than body temperature.

Too bad we can't say the same about you.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He microwaves a readymeal.

Reply to
ian field

heat input, no.

in the bathroom. It has lasted just fine.

CFL get to 100C. That would mean an incandescent would get a lot hotter than that! What of the surrounding stuff, like the ceiling?

house.

An oven is not mounted on the ceiling. An oven does not have plastic parts (in the actual light socket) that can become brittle with age and heat.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

A guy traveling through the prairies of the USA stopped at a small town and went
to a bar.
He stood at the end of the bar, ordered a drink, and lit up a cigar.
As he sipped his drink, he stood there quietly blowing smoke rings.
After he blew nine or ten smoke rings into the air, an angry American Indian
stomped up to him and said,
"One more remark like that and I\'ll whip your butt!"
Reply to
Peter Hucker

You don't accept anyone else's humour, but you attempt to create your own. It's getting worse.

I was of course only referring to your activities within the group.

A bloke is in a queue at the Super Market when he notices that the rather dishy blonde behind him has just raised her hand and smiled hello to him. He is rather taken aback that such a looker would be waving to him, and although familiar he can't place where he might know her from, so he says "Sorry, do you know me?" She replies "I maybe mistaken, but I thought you might be the father of one of my children!" His mind shoots back to the one and only time he has been unfaithful, "Christ!" he says "are you that stripogram on my stag night that I shagged on the snooker table in front of all my mates while your mate whipped me with some wet celery and stuck a cucumber up my arse?" "No" she replies, "I'm your son's English Teacher"

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Its a European term - e.g. egg laying chickens kept in tiny compartments so small they can't even turn round!

Reply to
ian field

"The maid's work" - this explains your pompous snobby attitude.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

"Inflation is creeping up," a young man said to his friend,
"Yesterday I ordered a $25.00 steak in a restaurant and told them
to put it on my American Express card -- and it fit."
Reply to
Peter Hucker

claning up to do.

It is safer in the house away from predators and cars.

You're projecting.

Ignoramus. HENS. Those things that lay eggs. Ever heard of "free range" eggs?

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.
Reply to
Peter Hucker

I've

heatsink is working, then it won't be too hot for my hand or the LEDs.

Are you telling me you'd be happy to design an LED light where the LEDs were hot enough to burn skin? They wouldn't like that temperature.

In a transatlantic flight, a plane passes through a severe storm. The turbulence is awful, and things go from bad to worse when one wing is struck by lightning. One woman in particular loses it. Screaming, she stands up in the front of the plane. "I'm too young to die!" she wails. Then she yells, "Well, if I'm going to die, I want my last minutes on Earth to be memorable! I've had plenty of sex in my life, but no one has ever made me really feel like a woman! Well, I've had it! Is there ANYONE on this plane who can make me feel like a WOMAN??" For a moment there is silence. Everyone has forgotten their own peril, and they all stare, riveted, at the desperate woman in the front of the plane. Then, a man stands up in the rear of the plane. "I can make you feel like a woman," he says. He's gorgeous. Tall, built, with long, flowing black hair and jet black eyes, he starts to walk slowly up the aisle, unbuttoning his shirt one button at a time. No one moves. The woman is breathing heavily in anticipation as the stranger approaches. He removes his shirt. Muscles ripple across his chest as he reaches her. He extends the arm holding his shirt to the trembling woman, and whispers: "Iron this."

Reply to
Peter Hucker

lighting is from the light source itself, not the wires supplying it. I've never felt any LEDs getting warmer than body temperature.

There is nothing in here allowing you to work out my efficiecy.

Or are you working out how long I take to type each message?

The other night I was invited out for a night with the 'girls.' I told my husband that I would be home by midnight, 'I promise!' Well, the hours passed and the margarita's went down way too easily. Around 3 a.m., a bit loaded, I headed for home. Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hallway started up and cuckooed 3 times. Quickly, realizing my husband would probably wake up, I cuckooed another 9 times. I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a quick-witted solution in order to escape a possible conflict with him. (Even when totally smashed... 3 cuckoos plus 9 cuckoos totals 12 cuckoos = MIDNIGHT!) The next morning my husband asked me what time I got in, I told him 'MIDNIGHT'... he didn't seem pissed off in the least. Whew, I got away with that one! Then he said 'We need a new cuckoo clock.' When I asked him why, he said, 'Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times, then said 'oh shit.' Cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its throat, cuckooed another three times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then tripped over the coffee table and farted.

Reply to
Peter Hucker