Screw in flourescent light bulbs.

cooler.

Why do you have it on on a hot summer's day?

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

The most effective way to remember your wife\'s birthday is to forget it once.
Reply to
Peter Hucker

Cause I don't turn the switch off and on. I just leave it. I do have parts to update my front lawn post including some spots to illuminate some trees, and they will have a photo switch. I hope the switch works on CFL's. I was going to check if this switch used a relay.

greg

Reply to
GregS

I don't need to illuminate my front lawn, there's a bloody streetlamp there!

When I eventually get round to building the pond and lighting it, I may have to black out that side of the streetlamp (it's the old hemispherical dome variety).

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

Why did the Blonde put ice in her boyfriend\'s condom?
To keep the swelling down.
Reply to
Peter Hucker

Most all security fixtures use a relay due to their high wattage capabilities.

Reply to
Meat Plow

The trouble with street lights, only 10% of the light hits the street. The rest just blinds you.

greg

Reply to
GregS

brittle, the danger not being fire directly, but the fitting collapsing later on.

lamps.

You still don't get it, do you?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Basket weaving doesn't count.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Funny, I've never been blinded by a street light. BMW headlights on the other hand....

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

"Inflation is creeping up," a young man said to his friend,
"Yesterday I ordered a $25.00 steak in a restaurant and told them
to put it on my American Express card -- and it fit."
Reply to
Peter Hucker

fitting brittle, the danger not being fire directly, but the fitting collapsing later on.

CFL lamps.

I don't get how you manage to overheat something with a quarter of the heat input, no.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

The other night I was invited out for a night with the \'girls.\' I told my
husband that I would be home by midnight, \'I promise!\'
Well, the hours passed and the margarita\'s went down way too easily. Around 3
a.m., a bit loaded, I headed for home.
Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hallway started up and
cuckooed 3 times. Quickly, realizing my husband would probably wake up, I
cuckooed another 9 times. I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a
quick-witted solution in order to escape a possible conflict with him.
(Even when totally smashed... 3 cuckoos plus 9 cuckoos totals 12 cuckoos =
MIDNIGHT!)
The next morning my husband asked me what time I got in, I told him
\'MIDNIGHT\'... he didn\'t seem pissed off in the least. Whew, I got away with that
one!
Then he said \'We need a new cuckoo clock.\'
When I asked him why, he said, \'Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times,
then said \'oh shit.\' Cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its throat, cuckooed another
three times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then tripped over the coffee
table and farted.
Reply to
Peter Hucker

Physics and Digital Microelectronics.

If you are having sex with TWO women and ONE more woman walks in, what do you have? Divorce proceedings, most likely.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

input, no.

You really are dense, aren't you? The CFL isn't rated to operate anywhere near the temperature an incandescent lamp produces. It isn't glass metal & high temperature cement. Some parts aren't even rated to stand boiling water. Some fixtures hold in more heat than others. They are designed to handle the extra heat. Put a wimpy CFL inside that fixture and it will die a quick death. Sometimes with a free lightshow & fireworks.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Is it too late to get a refund?

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Make up your mind. That is, if there is enough of it left.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Really? Have you met most pet owners? Or are you just lying, as usual?

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

lighting is from the light source itself, not the wires supplying it. I've never felt any LEDs getting warmer than body temperature.

Truly amazing! Your ignorance is something to behold.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

input, no.

I've got a CFL (100watt equivalent) in a completely enclosed glass fitting in the bathroom. It has lasted just fine.

I don't think I'd want a fitting that could hold the heat enough to make a CFL get to 100C. That would mean an incandescent would get a lot hotter than that! What of the surrounding stuff, like the ceiling?

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

What should you do if a girl sits on your hand?
Try to get her off.
Reply to
Peter Hucker

I have never said you weren't childish.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

A. Top posters.
Q. What\'s the most annoying thing on Usenet?
Reply to
Peter Hucker

I've met loads, ones I've sold parrots to or bought parrots from.

I don't keep them in cages. 99% of people do. And yes there is a lot of claning up to do.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

A. Top posters.
Q. What\'s the most annoying thing on Usenet?
Reply to
Peter Hucker

lighting is from the light source itself, not the wires supplying it. I've never felt any LEDs getting warmer than body temperature.

Are my LEDs magical then? Because they certainly are not warmer than I am.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

Whats the fastest thing in Wales?
A virgin sheep.
Reply to
Peter Hucker

input, no.

the bathroom. It has lasted just fine.

get to 100C. That would mean an incandescent would get a lot hotter than that! What of the surrounding stuff, like the ceiling?

You really are dense, aren't you? The fixtures ARE DESIGNED FOR THE HIGHER OPERATING TEMPERATURE.