Sanyo TV with washed out colours

Just looking for some hints as to where to start with my little problem. I have a sanyo CE28WP4 - B widescreen TV. About a week ago my stepson went to plug his Xbox in via the scart socket and ever since then the colour has been really washed out.

The TV picture also stutters and half turns itself off whenever it is getting anything through either the scart sockets or composite video. I have tried the tv with several freeview boxes and DVD players and the same thing happens each time.

Also the TV setting menu's are appearing almost transparent where as they were totally solid before.

I've had a look inside to see if he had maybe dislodged anything when he was tugging at the scart leads and all i noticed was a lot of dust, i cleaned it all out but when i switched it back on the colour seemed worse.

I bought the TV second hand and didn't pay that much for it so i'd like to know if it's going to be an easy and cheap repair or if i should cut my losses and buy another TV.

Is it likely to be a problem with one of the boards or the CRT that's shot and is there anything i can do to determine where the problem my lie.

Many thanks

Reply to
kris

check the scart plugs, including the xbox one. there could be a short in the plug which has sent switching voltage to the wrong place. I had this happen once on an old grundig set, took out the IF section.

-B.