LG Flatron 795 - Dead CRT????

Hi, I found an LG Flatron 795FT plus monitor...after checking and replacing one diode and one mosfet I measured infinite resistance on the CRT filament pins...I think it would be not possible that all the 3 RGB filaments had broken, but in effect if I try to power the pins i see 0 Amps with an ammeter...

Is there someone that found the same fault??? Is it possible that a CRT deads in this way??? Thanks.

Marco

Reply to
mdedin

Hello, snipped-for-privacy@email.it! You wrote on 28 Dec 2005 09:16:57 -0800:

m> Is there someone that found the same fault??? Is it possible that a CRT m> deads in this way??? Thanks.

Yes, it's quite possible that the heater filaments have gone open circuit, It doesn't happen often - but it happens. If you're sure you are measuring the correct pins, then the CRT is useless. Sorry!

With best regards, 3T39. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
3T39

Most CRTs wire the heaters in series. The only one I've seen with a single heater out was a 70's Sony. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

Hi, tnx for reply. I've looked into the bulb and i think the filaments are in parallel....I ask: may be an open interconnection on the CRT pins???

Thanks. Marco

Reply to
mdedin

Reply to