Sanyo STK 392 040 Convergence AMP burns out in HDTV application

Any reason for this IC to burn out? Replaced carefully, enough heat sink grease. Ran one week.

LB

Den Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:28:37 -0500. skrev LB:

Bad caps at it's output. Test with an ESR meter. or simply change them.

--
Med venlig hilsen

Christian Treldal
Reply to
Christian Treldal

Cheap chinese replacements? Where did you get them?

Is there significant dc offset on the inputs? Used too much heat sink grease?

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

I'm pretty sure the replacements were original Sanyo. They looked identical to the originals in the set, with the date code above the STK number, and some alphanumeric numbers on the aluminum in the back. I think the cheap Chinese parts look slightly different.

All the low value resistors check out good too. I'll have to check the supply voltages when the set is fired up. I don't have the print for this set, but I would presume the positive and negative rails are the same voltage.

I'll try to check for DC offset on the inputs. I wouldn't think there would be any, but I'm only guessing.

On this Mistsubishi both modules are held in place with a single screw in the center and a piece of spring steel. Maybe I can drill holes and use more screws.

Thanks for the help.

LB

Reply to
LB