Safety for TV repair process?

I am thinking about repairing TV for my friend but I am afraid of high voltage in TV systems. I understand the system and I am sure the problem is only with the power on switch or it would be the power control scheme of TV (it sometimes turned on but sometimes never wake up although the ac power is supplied and the switch is turned on!) Any suggestions?

Reply to
Myauk

Myauk ha escrito:

judging from your lack of knowledge i'd suggest you keep out. this sounds like a power supply problem, where voltages lurk even after the set has been disconnected. take it to a reputable repair shop for a quote.

-B

lol, poor chap. The reservoir caps are more likely to kill that the EHT, though that can do. The solution is to discharge both.

More likely to be a psu or horiz output output problem than a bad switch.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 01:41:47 -0800, Myauk Has Frothed:

Don't touch it.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow