Ripped speaker grill

Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible repair. So far I've never been in that situation but it could easily happen. Anyone successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but nothing tried. Assume fancy tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric, unobtanium exact match new fabric to the original.

Reply to
N_Cook

Take it to an antiques restorer

Reply to
Ron

So

Anyone

fancy

fabric

I happen to know a textiles restorer, usually material like Nelson's Victory red ensign restoration (not repairing the shrapnel holes) but worth asking him next time I see him.

Reply to
N_Cook

Order the original grill cloth if possible and replace. If not match as close as possible.

Meat Plow

Take a look here

and try to match or closely approximate the cloth on your speakers. If you're looking for an exact match, your best bet would be to replace the cloth on all speakers.

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net

Reply to