RFH: Panasonic TV Part Source?

Hello all, I'm repairing a Panasonic Model CT-32G12CV (Chassis AMEDP282) which has a defective degaussing posistor (D805) with markings TDK 030M 7401. I've been unable to source this part, so all help would be greatly appreciated... TIA.

Reply to
Ryton

Try Fox International in Cleveland.

Reply to
BH

Thanks but Fox didn't have it.

Reply to
Ryton

Well, MCM says "get all your Panasonic Parts here".

BH

Reply to
BH

Hi BH, thanks for the input. I have finally been able to identify the Panasonic Part Number D4DDF3R00003. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an online source yet which has it/or equivalent in stock and will ship to Canada via USPS.

Reply to
Ryton

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:15:17 -0700 (PDT), Ryton put finger to keyboard and composed:

I've been watching this thread and thinking, what's so special about your posistor that you can't just use a "regular" 3-terminal type?

The answer appears to be that yours has a cold resistance of 3 ohms ... I think.

I have a bunch of 2-terminal and 3-terminal PTCs that have 180M or

180N in the part number. These all measure close enough to 18 ohms to suggest that "180" is 18 x 10E0, ie two digits plus a multiplier.

I also have a TDK "090M 6615 ML" 2-terminal PTC which measures 9 ohms.

So maybe you could widen your search to include any 3-terminal (or

2-terminal ?) PTC with a cold resistance of 3 ohms.

For example, how about this one:

Or PTDCA1BF3R0Q100 (same as above):

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar