Reply Sony STR-V444ES

Sony STR-V444ES speakers audio isnt kicking in. Good audio to the Headphones is fine. Scoped audio up to relays is fine. but still 27 Volts across relay coil. No signal to drop one side low and thus kick in the relay. WHY ??? ayone run into this before?

Yes i have looked for DC, and there isnt any. Also there are 4 different relays, Front-Rear L&R None of them are kicking in.

Reply to
<someone

The fact that none of the relays is dropping in, is neither here nor there - except to indicate that the problem is likely *not* related to any particular relay driver. To avoid unncessary duplication, the fault monitoring and switch on delay circuitry, will be a single entity, monitoring all channels simultaneously, and acting on all relay drivers simultaneously. Thus, any fault ( DC offset, over current, over temp etc ) detected on *any* channel, will cause *all* relay drivers to be inhibited. So, I would suggest that your problem lies either with the fault monitoring circuitry itself, or the fact that it is genuinely detecting a problem on one or more channels.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I think I've seen a couple bad 1 ohm resistors in the power supply cause this. They're at the rear corner of the machine.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:14:55 +0000, someone Has Frothed:

kick in the relay.

in.

Got a service manual? Looks like either you've got a fault with one or more audio amps and the set is protecting itself from sending DC to the speakers or the detection/drive circuit is at fault.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow