Sony KV25X5U audio out?

My 80 year old mother can't hear the TV without it blasting out the neighbours. I have some wireless headphones which I can give her but the headphone jack on the front of the set cuts out the speakers when headphones are plugged in.

The adjacent phono plugs appear to be for game input (as I can get no audio out from them), but I'm not sure about the mini-din plug between the two. Anyone please know if this can give audio out?

Alas, she can't find the manual and the Sony websites don't list that model now in their user manual database. :(

Reply to
The-G-Man

I'd *guess* it's an S-Video input.

Dunno the model. European versions have SCART sockets which have audio/composite video in and out as well as RGB or S-Video inputs. But usually phono outputs to a Hi-Fi system too.

Your address suggests the UK. Has it a SCART socket?

--
*Time is fun when you're having flies... Kermit

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sounds like S-Video in.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

The mini-din PLUS the two stereo inputs comprise a SVHS input.

Perhaps a pair of stereo speakers plus the headphones combined would work?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Yes there is a scart socket which goes to her DVD player.

Reply to
The-G-Man

The DVD player only needs the input side of the SCART, so it's possible to use the outputs to feed the headphone transmitter. I'm not sure you'll get the right lead easily, though. Could be a soldering iron job on the SCART lead.

The connections you need are:-

Pin 1 audio out right """ 3 """"""""" left """ 4 """"" ground

--
*Real women don't have hot flashes, they have power surges.

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Many thanks Dave. I'll get out my faithful Antex :)

best, G

Reply to
The-G-Man

The-G-Man ha escrito:

don't forget, the audio out on the scart is line output so will not pass thru the Tv volume control. Let's hope the headphones have their own vol. pot. You'll have to explain this to your ma as she may be a bit confused later on, if the remote control suddenly has no effect!

-B.