Repairs for Sony STR-DE525 in Melbourne

Can anyone suggest a company in Melbourne, Australia that could repair a Sony Hi-Fi amplifier (str-de525) which has a non-working subwoofer output?

Thanks

Reply to
Meteor

Hi Meteor,

Where in Melbourne are you, ie, suburb ?

Cheers IBManners

Reply to
Ian Manners

Its not switched off in the menu is it ?

Reply to
Dave

It doesn't work in some modes if it's similar to some of the Sonys I've owned and seen.

It should work in a Prologic (or AC-3 maybe) mode, Phantom at least, hall maybe, depending if Prologic is on or simulated and may not function depending on how you set any Sound Field settings. I had an

865 and the D611 I have still isn't as fancy but it operates similarly.

Last consideration is that each amp section has it's own relay I would bet and there is more than one fused section in there. If you operated it out of spec if MIGHT be damaged...I've been told by Sony that it's not recommend to operate A and B simultaneously as it can and will damage one or both outputs (you can still use the undamaged section as FRONT and obtain surround if the surround outputs are okay). You might lift the bonnet and visually inspect fuses, relays and look for burnt sections first.

An owner's manual might be available from Sony online...they seem to have regained there senses here in the US even if they were borrowed and have writing on them. Try eBay, Sony or whomever you normally go to sitting with a laptop on St.Kilda beaches.

Reply to
Steven

I'm in Caulfield North

Reply to
Meteor

Actually I haven't checked for ages, but there was a time when I went through every single option in the entire unit, so I'm sure it isn't switched off. But I'll double check. Thanks.

Reply to
Meteor

Haha! Thanks for the info.

Reply to
Meteor

Had another look last night and can't find any menu item that turns enables it.

Reply to
Meteor