Hitachi CT1358 vertical sync

I can't get v.lock (it rolls . . . faster on power up [cold] ,slows down but still annoying on warm up.

I don't have Supercold handy to isolate the suspect part -

I'm just wondering where to start looking - I emailed Hitachi for service docs in the meantime.

HS

Reply to
Lucky Dog

Use an ESR meter to check all the caps starting in the video amp input area, through the sync separator and on to the vert def scan gen circit. Also check the ones in the veret deflection area. You can also use a scope set to TV-field sync or low-pass synca, and trace out the mentioned areas to see where the loss of vert sync is lost.

This type of work requires good experience and the proper tools. It would probably be best for you to give the set out for this type of fault.

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.