Motorcycle Theft Alarm with dual sensors

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Except that YOU have to be around(and fast enough) to RESPOND to your alarm:no one else will.And you had better be prepared,too,there may be two or more of the thieves,bigger and stronger than you,possibly armed. June 29th of this year,3:40AM,my 94 Integra GS-R was stolen in less than 60 seconds,alarm blaring;I was out there in a minute,ARMED,yet it was already going down the road,alarm blaring. In a gated community,too.Police were USELESS,and the car was stripped,then burned,found 3 days later a county away.Total loss.

I saw my neighbor's motorcycle stolen at 11AM,he was home and only 25 feet away from it at the time. I couldn't get a lic.plate number because their trailer was sideways to my window.They carried it up the ramp and inside the box trailer and were away in a half-minute.

If you want to keep your MC,chain it to something SOLID,heavy chain,armored padlock. An Integra,take out the ECU every night.(but still have an alarm.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

How about getting an immobilizer?

Heck..this is SED.. How about making an immobilizer?

Have a hidden mosfet or relay on: The fuel pump wire. The ignition coil wire. The starter relay wire.

I don't think thefts are going to like spending the added time to figure out what needs bypassing.

Here's the really neat idea :) Hide a reed switch somewhere and use a magnet to deactivate the immobilizer. The reed could go behind the dash or under the floor mat. Perhaps disguise the magnet to look like a bottle cap so it can be left in the car.

Or have about making an electronic key using a cigarette lighter adapter. Plug into the lighter to start the car...

Another immobizer idea... A wireless controlled solid state relay would be nice. Just break essential circuits in many places with the relays and a key fob can enable or disable the car. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

What part of carried by two big guys will taking out the ECU prevent ???

Immoblizer is a heavy chain.

A locked garage, where it can not be seen.

Not being a target is better than any alarm.

don

or maybe C4.

You may lose the bike, but no one else well have to worry about the thieves.

Reply to
Donald

D from BC wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Was going to put in a relay,but they got the car before I could. I had aleady relocated the hood release cable and made a shield for the hood latch so they couldn't cut the alarm wires before breaking into the car interior.(happened to an acquaintance)

My alarm had a starter disable;they push-started the car after jimmying the ignition.

As I said,"gone in 60 seconds",and I am NOT exagerrating WRT my Integra.

that's what I was going to do with the fuel pump power line.

Auto thieves are very competent these days. especially for older Honda/Acuras that don't have the RFID coded keys.(that the ECU is programmed to match to.)

But if there's a key component MISSING,they can't start it at all. Like the ECU;the F.I. brains.

and as I said,they just pick up motorcycles and load them into a box trailer and drive off. They then strip it at their leisure,elsewhere.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Reminds me of an idea I had to prevent my computer from getting stolen.

Thefts would be surprised to find my computer not too fast to steal. It would be in a steel frame attached to a bigger steel frame that doesn't fit through the doorway. All that steel will be tough to steal.

It could apply to motorcycles. A motorcycle can be chained to a large steel cage that doesn't fit on pickup trucks, vans or trailers. Chaining to a big block of concrete in the ground would be good too.

Or perhaps chained to something big like an anti tank barrier :)

That could be made from old rail road track :P

How about this idea.. You park.. Then this hook comes out of the driveway and latches onto the frame.. It's now 'earth anchored'. :)

Or..perhaps just an invisible nylon cord attached to a grenade attached to the motorcycle. That or a dozen flares. :P

ok...some of those idea are wacky but just for fun..

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

D from BC wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You do know they make security cable systems for PCs and their peripherals? schools often use them.

I see my neighbors chaining them to the carport uprights.(aluminum tubing!)

screwing in one of those hurricane tiedowns made for trailers might work for a chain point.Or sink an eyebolt into a concrete filled hole.

basically,you need to slow them down long enough for you to respond to an alarm.(prepared for any confrontation;pepper spray,Taser,or best;a firearm) If you are away from your MC(at work,or using your auto),they may have enough time to cut thru any chain/padlock.

Others do not respond to alarms...unless you have very good neighbors.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Ahh.. Then a cable to attached to a steel cage. That way, I don't have to make holes in the walls to run a cable around a wooden stud in the wall.

A cordless skill saw with a metal blade can probably can get through that in seconds. Noisy though.

Maybe confront your thefts in the most scariest way.. Wear a Jason hockey mask and carry a running chainsaw :P Nahh... I think that's worn off.. Look like an Al Guida suicide bomber with all sorts of explosive looking things strapped on and run after the thefts swearing in Afghan. :P

But seriously... Cell phones are very small these days and some contain GPS tech. They are cheap too. It should be possible to 'bug' the motorcycle for tracking. " Already in the works is E911. E(nhanced) 911 is a program mandated by the U. S. FCC (Federal Communications Commission). It requires the location of any cell phone used to call 911 can be determined to within 50 to 100 meters. The law takes effect at the start of 2005. That means cell phone manufacturers need to incorporate a GPS receiver in virtually every cell phone."

Well...it's probably abusive to use that system for theft tracking. But... the system might be expanded for tracking someday..

"Hello 911... Yeah, my motorcycle has been stolen and it'll be autodialing 911 every 2 minutes. Can you find it?" :)

Or just lie...

"Hello 911... My mute 15 year old daughter has just been kidnapped and she could be dialing 911.. Please help!" I have to wonder what the fine will be for having 10 cop cars and a helicopter track a stolen motorcycle :P

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

D from BC wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

you can buy LoJack,too.

Do either work from inside an aluminum box trailer? (like the kind landscapers use,a totally enclosed aluminum box,back drops down as a ramp.)That is what the thieves who stole my downstairs neighbors MC used;I saw it happen,Friday at 11AM.With apt.complex maintenance employees passing by on their golf carts.

sure,there's always a few idiots who just toss the MC into the back of a pickup truck....

Once they get it away,it doesn't take long for them to strip down a cycle. My stolen Integra was found 3 days later,stripped and torched,2 counties away.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik