Replacing a CD pickup on JVC1000??

I am going to replace the Optima-6 pickup on my Jvc 1000.

any pitfalls I should look out for?

(Local "HiFi shop" told me the unit would cost 100-120 ukp to buy and then the cost of the engineer..... I just got one for 25 ukp: so even if I fail, it's worth a try just to poke 'em in the eye...

TIA

J.

Reply to
JH

Nope. Nothing special to look for - it's just a drop in replacement. Make sure you know how to work the latch on the connector, and be careful not to damage the end of the flexiprint. Make sure you remove the laser diode shorting tab, which is inserted into the connector on these. It's a brassy coloured piece of thin sheet metal, bent at 90 deg. It's a good idea to short yourself to the chassis when you handle the new pickup - I'm assuming that you don't have a proper antistatic workstation.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily