Re: Weirdest problem

worth the premium price they charge. And Trinitron tubes "Always"

> looked fantastic when new (thats how they sold them), and its basic > psychology 101 that if you pay a lot of money for something it "must" > be good . They do not have long life, emission goes down pretty > fast.... Have a critical look at a 5 year old Sony next to a new $400 > Asian cheapy and tell me then if the Sony was worth the money you paid > for it. You wont tho, becasue you will have got used to the poor > picture over a period of years and so not "see" it. > > de VK3BFA Andrew

I used to repair a TV now and than in the past and my friend is running a TV repair shop.

Recently he said that he used to be prepared to put his hand in fire for Sony, but now even they have gone crappy.

That's what todays economy is all about, quick product cycle. You're expected to replace your set in a couple years anyway and buy a new one. They try to persuade you that the technology has moved forward so you're sort off eagerly waiting for it to fail after a few years so you can get a new hyped one. This goes for a number of high-volume products where competition is stiff.

Preferably it dies just after the warranty goes off. A very competent engineer (and a profesor at a local EE university) I know has told me that the set is "programmed" to die in a couple years. AFAIK the power supply unit.

SioL

Reply to
SioL