rephrased question

I had previously posted a question about a camcorder shutter - there is apparently no need for such a device, and soemone gave me insight that what I mistook for a shutter is actually the iris.

Perhaps with this outlook someone can answer my question.

Since previously posting, I disassembled another, older camera and found a similar device.

There are two coils of different resistance each of which can fully open the iris mechanism. I had previously assumed he mechanism functioned like a rotary solenoid because I initially expected it to fully open.

Now, knowing it is an iris, it needs to open to whatever opening is needed.

I will wire one up anticipating a proportional movement, analogous to a meter movement. I expect that perhaps two opposing voltages may determine how far it can open.

Can some one describe to me or refer me to a mechanical iris control circuit?

Thank you

Murray

Reply to
murrayatuptowngallery

On 30 May 2006 11:16:30 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com put finger to keyboard and composed:

If it will help, I can scan a circuit diagram of the iris control section of a Sharp VL-MX7 series camcorder. This camcorder has two iris motors, each with two windings, a "drive" winding and a "damp" winding.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Yes, thank you, Franc. I'm 'misusing' them for other purposes, in case you were wondering.

I'll reply by e-mail when I get home so you can e-mail me...I don't know how or if attachments work in these groups.

Murray

If it will help, I can scan a circuit diagram of the iris control section of a Sharp VL-MX7 series camcorder. This camcorder has two iris motors, each with two windings, a "drive" winding and a "damp" winding. Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.

Reply to
murrayatuptowngallery