General question about Panasonic Camcorder Service Manuals

Before springing for purchase of a poorly described service manual from an online vendor, I would like to know what data is provided (in general) in Panasonic camcorder service manuals, especially if there are schematics (not just block diagrams) with labeled signals at connector pins, any 'theory of operation' sections, and parts lists with exploded pictorial views.

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
msg

n online

nic

lock

n' sections,

All my Panasonic (which is one of Matsushita's many brand names) service manuals are as complete and thorough as anyone's. They include all the things you mentioned, and many of them also include the operator's/users' manuals as well.

Reply to
webpa

The service manual for my target device indeed contains schematics, but they are crowded and poorly arranged. Following signals between functional blocks is extremely difficult and often requires a complete redrawing to break out combined (arbitrary at that) bundles into discrete signals. Obviously these are not engineering drawings.

There is also precious little theory of operation. Caveat emptor.

Michael

Reply to
msg