Repair or despair? Natalie or Jim?

We need a bunch of angry villagers, all armed with pitchforks and torches to storm his place, to burn his computer at the stake! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Works for me...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

It was intended to be pithy rather than pissy. You were implying that we of old computers were nerds and geeks because of that. I was just telling you that on a repair group, service personnel are actually nerds and geeks by nature (or at least considered to be by most punters ... )

A misinterpretation both ways of subtle humour, I think ... Happy New Year to yuh !! d;~}

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Here's what you just said:

If your neighbor is murdered, who cares, as long as YOU weren't murdered?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"Arfa Daily"

Well, as the mother of a member of the Best Buy Geek Squad, I can't throw stones at that...

Backatcha! You *are* a geek - never saw the smiley wearing a cap before!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Why, thankya ma'am !!

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

So, crime is OK with you. Certain aspects of the patriot act are in violation of the REAL law of the land. You're OK with that.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Arfa is in England, so please explain how the 'patriot act' affects him?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Careful, you guys. Remember, we're in the presence of GREATNESS here! After all, he's been on Usenet since 1996!

I am honered to be in the presence of the Old Man of the Mountains...

Reply to
=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$

Huh? What does Internet monitoring have to do with murder?

Careful you don't back cut that limb you're out on...

What I said was, if he's not doing anything to attract attention, and isn't doing anything he shouldn't then he has nothing to fear.

But he is in fear, so he's either paranoid or has something he want to do on the Internet that he can't.

Reply to
=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$

Allow me to explain. This is known as 'toungue in cheek' humour. It is a

*subtle* form of humour, often sparking off of some other situation, or statement, as in this case. I would guess that most on here 'get it', but clearly, it is a concept that passes you by ... ( this one is called 'having a laugh at someone elses expense' in case you don't get that either, and is intended to be 'witty', not pointed ). :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Hi Michael - how goes it ? Trust you are (at least reasonably) well ? Just got back from your side of the pond, but not from your locality this time.

Happy new year to ya !

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Americans have great trouble understanding our (slightly black) humour.

The proof can be found here. They really don't get it.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

That would be pitchy.

--
Dec. 6 (Bloomberg) -- Government officials and activists flying to Bali,
Indonesia, for the United Nations meeting on climate change will cause

Read the progression of words in the three messages preceding your question. If you don't understand, then no further explanation will be of any value to you.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The cops come to your house today. They push their ways past you and begin searching your house without a warrant. They don't ask permission to search. What would be your thoughts on this?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What you describe is what I'd call a police state.

So where's it happening ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Please don't add clutter just yet. Wait until Hach answers my question, please.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

This gets better and better ! Any more ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily