Re: Whirlpool ATF8000FS clothes washer user control board varistor VDR4 identification

The K2759U is a 275 volt MOV (aka VDR - Voltage Dependent Resistor). The full part number is LIKELY S10k275. A probable(*) replacement part is Digikey 495-1433-ND.

  • = I say probable because that is what I would try if it were my machine - based only on the information you posted, which includes (on my part) the assumption that the burned VDR is identical to the other VDRs. Of course with a schematic or reverse engineering we'd be in much better shape to make a firm diagnosis, but lacking that you have to go with what is likely but not proven.

As you undoubtedly know (but others might not) you have to replace those bulging caps, too.

Good luck with the repair! Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Great! Congratulations!