Re: Technics RS-TR555 Double Cassette Deck Part 2

Dear All,

I opened the deck today and figured out that a gear on a motor had slipped outward. I pressed it back and the deck functions. However, it seemed a bit strange that both side of the deck had the same problem. After a closer look, I noticed a crack on the gear. Any hints on where to get a replacement. Below is a link of 2 photos showing the gear before and after repair -- these are the closest look without taking it apart.

Furthermore, the decks still functions irradically when pressing the butttons. Should I look for the ICs or ?? Thanks.

Perpetuus

Reply to
Zebra

Photos above do not show enough detail to get any insight into the issue.

Failing a replacement--or reliable repair--of the gear (plus probable re-engineering in order to prevent recurrence--based on the fact that the same thing occurred on both decks), no other other fixing is advisable.

Either fix that problem definitively or don't waste your time polishing a car with a blown engine.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

Try here for Panasonic parts. You will have to order the original part to fix your cassete machine.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your help. The link for panasonic parts does contain some parts for my deck, but I need to figure out its name first. By the way, I might just backup some of my favourite tapes into CD or MP3 with it before disposing it if I could not get the correct parts. Thanks again.

Perpetuus

"Jerry G." ???????: snipped-for-privacy@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Zebra

if parts are hard to find, you can remove the gear then try supergluing it to the motor shaft. mark the shaft with a indelible marker before removing the gear so you know where exactly to position it after.