Re: sony 32xbr48 tv

thanks ross, yeah I got cocky use gens alot in my work fixing alarms.

>I would normally just take it in but it is huge and on a ceiling mount >to boot! >the power supply has a fuse ok, the board is an aa2c any help?

AA-2C is the Sony chassis number and it is used in several different models. Since I haven't been able to locate a KV 32xbr48 schematic I can't be specific about what to look for.

I did a bit of digging and found this page of Sony TV faults

Look for a KV36FV1 in the list which uses the AA2 chassis about 1/3rd the way down the page. This set was also dead due to a power surge, much like yours I suspect. They discovered an open circuit T602 mains input filter choke and a burnt VDR602 (voltage dependant resistor). However it could be due to any of the components in the power supply. It is possible that similar components are gone in your set but only some testing will determine that. Unless you have some knowledge in circuit tracing and electronics components you will need to have it checked by someone who does have that knowledge. I suggest you read some of the other faults for the AA2 chassis and you will see that even an experienced repairer can stuff up by connecting full power after replacing faulty components. It may be a simple fault but then again it may not be....

Reply to
Ross Herbert

thank you my brother, I think that's good advice. Iam going to wrangle up some help ,drop that monster down from the ceiling and head to my local tv repair shop. tried to find the board no luck so no more cheapin out. thank you for your help, if you have alarm questions....... Im your huckleberry kev

Reply to
alarmassoc