Red light blinking sony kv32s40

Hi,

I have a kv32s40 Sony TV that was purchased in late 1998. I was watching TV recently and it just suddenly turned off. The red light in front of the TV now keeps blinking and it wont respond to any other commands.

I googled for this problem and came across various posts, but nothing that satisfactorily had an answer. Some ppl found out that the TV came back on after a day, some people banged their TV to get it to work etc. I have tried the above briefly, to no avail so far, but was wondering if someone who has faced this probelm had a more concrete answer?

Has anyone fixed this? Is it do-able w/basic knowledge of circuits? Is it worth the repair to take it to sony (if anyone has gotten it done, what was the cost?)

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Reply to
dufffman

Can you pointme to where thisinformation would be in the service manual? I was looking at the manual and didn't find any more information on it.

All it says is,

Problem: A red light keeps flashing on the TV for more than a few seconds What it could be: Your TV may need service What you can do: Call your local Sony service center

Thanks,

Art wrote:

Reply to
dufffman

Do you have the service manual or owners manual?

Reply to
dkuhajda

Sony didn't start using diagnostic blink codes in the low end stuff until/around the year 2000.

Standard troubleshooting is required for the OPs problem.

Reply to
dkuhajda

IC601 MX0841, open 0.1 ohm fusible resistor in the power supply, bad solder connections on horizontal drive transformer, 0.47mfd/50V in horiz drive circuit. Look here:

Dani