RCA WV98C Senior Voltohmyst VTVM

I need a probe for this meter. Does anyone have one taking up space that they would like to part with . If not any ideas as to where I might find one would be most sincerely appreciated. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

Since you're using google groups, Perhaps you should use Google web search to find out where to obtain one. This is a repair newsgroup, for asking questions about current repairs, NOT a panhandlers' group.

if you post here again snipped-for-privacy@google.com will receive an email with contents of your abuse.

Reply to
Lynn

There is one on E-bay right now - with a probe. I didn't read the whole ad - so - do your homework.Here's the item number to look up...... 180169455644

Reply to
radiosrfun

Actually - there's a few on there. DO a search on there for that model.

Reply to
radiosrfun

On Oct 15, 6:05 pm, Lynn wrote: > On Oct 15, 5:57 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" >

Lenny was polite about it while you seem to be a self-proclaimed keeper of usenet as you see it. Google is here. Sorry you don't like it. I assume I will be reported as well. Have a nice day.

GG

Reply to
stratus46

I wasn't panhandling. I was just asking for a bit of help. I've been a member of this group since my 486 days, and I have never abused it. Its very easy for a coward to call someone an abuser when they can't do it in person isn't it? Just a little advice: if you can't help or say something nice then why don't you just shut up? Who the hell made you the boss of the airwaves anyway? Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

quoted text -

I made myself the bos of the airwaves. Somebody had to.

You want me to shut up you'll have to come over here and make me shut up.

Reply to
Lynn

That counts for all of us Lynn, and as we are with much more then you i suggest you sit in a corner and slowly f**k yourself. If you have the urge to continue trolling then bear in mind that i may like to respond :)

Cheetah

Reply to
CheetahHugger

quoted text -

You just need a man to take the edge off things.

Reply to
sparky

Lenny, here is a link to the manual in Dejavu format. ftp://bama.sbc.edu/downloads/rca/wv98c/

There is nothing special about the probe, other than the 1M resistor across the AC/DC switch. Like the old Heathkit, and other VTVMs, the 1M

1% resistor is used for DC measurements to provide isolation. It was shunted out for AC and Ohms measurements.

In a pinch, you can use a regular probe, and a phone tip jack with the resistor to slip on the end of the probe. Some people just make two probes, and use the one they need.

if you need the veiwer software.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

format.ftp://bama.sbc.edu/downloads/rca/wv98c/

Thanks Michael. I actually did end up making two probes with RG58 cable and spare mic connectors I had. Thanks for the links. Lenny.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

format.ftp://bama.sbc.edu/downloads/rca/wv98c/

You're welcome. BTW: The last WV98C I owned, had carbon tracking on the range switch. I had to cut away part of the wafer, and use epoxy to hold the good pieces together. I don't give up, very often! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida