RCA VCR VR651HF Loading Motor Source

Hi,

RCA VCR model VR651HF

I am looking for a source to order a loading motor (front loader). My RCA parts sources told me this motor is "no longer available". Note: I don't have SM, therefore I don't have the RCA part number.

I found one site on the web that claims to have it, but there is a $300.00 minimum order.

Here are numbers on the motor:

MDH2B 62YK1418A

Thank You in Advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

Reply to
jaugustine

Maybe you can figure out what company actually made this VCR and find parts from them.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:35:13 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net put finger to keyboard and composed:

According to this post ...

... the loading motor in a Toshiba W-512 VCR bears the numbers, MDH2B and 62YK1X05A. I suspect the latter is a serial number or batch code.

If so, then a loading motor is available from Sears for US$3.19:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:20:13 +1000, Franc Zabkar put finger to keyboard and composed:

FWIW, Sears have parts for the RCA VR651HF:

However, the RCA loading motor is no longer available, whereas the motor for the W-512 is in stock.

It may be worth comparing the parts lists, though. They look very similar.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I've never heard of this site- but it looks really really handy.

Here in Chicago, the days are long over of being able to just travel a few miles to get parts like this, or to be able to order them from one of a dozen places in the area.

I'm not even sure where I'd get a VCR belt kit that's fresh these days to be honest.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Hi Franc,

I ordered the loading motor for that Toshiba VCR model you found.

Currently, it is on "back order". When I receive it, I will post an update on the results (same or different motor).

John

Reply to
jaugustine

Bad news. When a part of this sort is on "back order" that may mean it will never come.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

Hi,

Here is an update on the loading motor ("no longer available") for that RCA VCR model VR651HF:

I finally received the motor (was on back order), Samsung part # SMG AC31-00012A. The motor has the same worm gear and dimensions, but slightly longer with different terminals on the back. However, it was easy to "adapt".

The VCR now loads and ejects tapes.

John

Reply to
jaugustine