RCA Television -- Lost Color

I have an RCA Television 32" about five years old. I just moved, and upon plugging the thing into my digital cable box (DVR), it has no color now. All channels show fine, its just that they are in Black and White.

I'm thinking something occurred during the move (obviously) and I keep hearing about a new color tuner. Do I need to buy one of these and can I install it myself?

What about running the line through the VCR and using that as the tuner, possible?

I just had this television fixed in the shop -- I really dont want to spend much more to have it fixed again.

Thanks! Jon

Reply to
jsears

jsears: Disconnect the digital cable box and connect your VCR two different ways.... first connect the RF output (select the proper channel 3 or 4) to the antenna input of the television..... second connect the Video and Stereo Audio from the VCR to the television's A/V input. Insert a known, good movie into the VCR and play it. Try viewing it on your television on Channel 3 (or 4) and then try viewing it via the A/V input. If you have a good, color picture both ways then the problem must be in your digital cable box, or in the setup of it. If you are still confused, you should post the results of this test.

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

sofie