Good picture- no -color -- b/w only

A friend gave me his Mitsubishi 35 inch color TV CS3504R.

I get great picture on all channels, all inputs- cable, antenna, VCR but only black and white.

I get no color.

I have changed the tint and color controls from the menu- no change.

Also, the menu IS in COLOR!?!! so I know the color part works just great.

I am scratching my head. I don't know enough about TVs to figure out why I cannot get over the air color but can get internal color.

?
Reply to
Scott

but

great.

why

loose connections on the xtal in the chroma decoder

-Ben

may sound obvious, but if youre using a scart lead, make sure that is in properly at noth ends.

Reply to
Barry Hobbs

Reply to
Barry Hobbs

Do you have good color on the monitor output?

Check these tips also :

--------------------------------------------------------------- Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0

MITSUBISHI CS3504R

Color No Chroma

From Mitsubishi

Check The Value Of C7224(.047uf 50v Np).Located On The Digital-Pcb At Pin 4 Of Ic7104.

MITSUBISHI CS3504R

Color No Chroma

From Mitsubishi

May Be Intermittent. Suspect Vr7100 (50k). Located On Pcb-Digital At Ic7104 Pin 4.

MITSUBISHI CS3504R

Color No Chroma Main Or Pip

From Mitsubishi

Color And Luminance Ok From Monitor Output. Confirm Chroma Into Ic7104 Pin5. If Ok Confirm Chroma Out Of Ic7104 Pin 3. If Missing Check C7198 ( Pin 6 Ic7104) For Leaky/Shorted. Located On Pcb-

MITSUBISHI CS3504R

Color No Chroma Main Or Pip

From Mitsubishi

Suspect Following Components On Pcb-Digital: C7103 1000uf 16v At Ic7100 Pin 19

MITSUBISHI CS3504R

Color No Chroma Main Or Pip

From Mitsubishi

Suspect Defective C7119 (0.1uf/ 25v). Located On Pcb-Digital At Ic7101 Pin

  1. * Note - Voltage At Pin 9 May Check Correctly, But Capacitor Is Defective. Replace.

MITSUBISHI CS3504R

Color No Chroma Main Or Pip

From Mitsubishi

Suspect Defective 3.58mhz Crystal X601. Not Free Running Osc. If Chroma Signal Low, X601 Will Drift Off Freq. Replace. Located On Pcb-Main At Ic201 Pin 25. Pt# 285p015010

MITSUBISHI CS3504R

Digital No Color On Pip

From Mitsubishi

Color And Luminance Ok From Monitor Output. Confirm Chroma Into Ic7104 Pin

  1. If Ok Confirm Chroma Out Of Ic7104 Pin 3. If Missing Check C7198 ( Pin
6 Ic7104) For Leaky/Shorted. Located On Pcb-

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)
jstielau@snet.net
========================

"Scott"  wrote in message
>A friend gave me his Mitsubishi 35 inch color TV CS3504R.
>
> I get great picture on all channels, all inputs- cable, antenna, VCR but
> only black and white.
>
> I get no color.
>
> I have changed the tint and color controls from the menu- no change.
>
> Also, the menu IS in COLOR!?!! so I know the color part works just great.
>
> I am scratching my head. I don't know enough about TVs to figure out why I
> cannot get over the air color but can get internal color.
>
> ?

Reply to
Shoreline Electronics