RCA Sound Problems

In the past two days, we have had about 20 calls complaining of missing sound or staticy sound on RCA TVs. often the customer reports that a few channels have sound. We had a rash of this a few years ago except the reports were more like no audio at all. Unplugging the set for a few minutes would fix the problem. Again, removing power seems to fix the situation. We have been told that there are one or maore stations broadcasting some kind of data which causes the TV to get all confused in its little electronic brain. I have heard that the problem is in the V-chip circuitry but also heard that it may be Guide-Plus or the SAP which is affected.

Reply to
Bob Loblaw

This has been a topic of conversion most of the day....Try putting a 1uf el.cap @ 50vdc from pin 15 of U3101 to ground (+ to pin 15). This mod will also defeat (kill) closed caption.HTH

-- ========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

Any experience with low sound on the ctc203CX. I had one that came in with no sound and I changed CR12301 and C12309, got the sound back, but it is just not very loud on the tuner, with stereo, mono, and SAP input. Decoding and sond quality is fine but just low. Level is OK on the line inputs. Anyone run into this one before?

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

This one does not change. The volume is always low on the tuner. Unplugging the set makes no difference. Looks like something related to the stereo decoder U11601 or the chip itself. Just haven't figured it out yet.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Leonard e-mail me with your e-mail addy I have much info you might find useful in regards to this Audio situation.

kip @ our dot ca

Reply to
kip