RCA P46725SK

Chassis PTK169PFA. Original problem was a bad focus/screen block (crackosaurus.) I just got that in and installed it, but the picture is pincushioned (not uncommon for this set, I know) but in the midst of checking the pincushion parts out, I see that the HV splitter is not only new, (I didn't install it, it was like that when I got it) but missing the little board that usually lives on the side of it. I can't remember what the heck it does, that little board, but I saw the cable from the HV regulator board hanging, and pulled the splitter and lo and behold, no board. Two little wires hanging from the brand new splitter... how perverse. Can anyone shed any light on this? Is there a generic splitter that doesn't use that board now? The picture is actually pretty good except for the pincushioning... What does that board do? Have no literature, any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin

Reply to
deevolutio

It's the feedback for the HV regulation. It's needed for all applications.

John

Reply to
John-Del