RCA P46725SK HV splitter mystery

Chassis PTK169PFA. I posted about this a little while ago so if that one shows up too, my apologies for double posting.

Original problem was a bad focus/screen block. Just got it in and installed it. Picture is pincushioned so went poking around looking for what could be causing that, and notice that the HV splitter block is brand new looking. Also see a little cable hanging behind it not plugged into anything. Tracing the cable back to the HV regulator board, I now notice that the little board that is supposed to live on the HV splitter block is missing. I'm guessing that is what the cable was supposed to be plugged into, but it's nowhere to be found. Does anyone know if they are making generic HV splitter blocks now without that little board being necessary, what that little board did, etc? Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks

Kevin

Reply to
deevolutio

Chassis PTK169PFA. I posted about this a little while ago but it never showed up, so if that one shows up too, my apologies for double posting.

Original problem was a bad focus/screen block. Just got it in and installed it. Picture is pincushioned so went poking around looking for what could be causing that, and notice that the HV splitter block is brand new looking. Also see a little cable hanging behind it not plugged into anything. Tracing the cable back to the HV regulator board, I now notice that the little board that is supposed to live on the HV splitter block is missing. I'm guessing that is what the cable was supposed to be plugged into, but it's nowhere to be found. Does anyone know if they are making generic HV splitter blocks now without that little board being necessary, what that little board did, etc? Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin S.