RCA D52W20 fails to start

I've had the RCA D52W20 for over 2 years now. It's served me well, amongst all the bad ratings it's gotten. Today I found out about the service menu, so I decided to play with that. 190+points of convergence was a blessing. I then decided to see what was in geomatry, so I shifted my screen to the left a little to compensate for my PS2. All I remember after that was I either went up or down and moved the slider on another option and the TV turned off.

Now all it does is the power blinks green and it makes the sound like it's trying to startup. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Alex Tsiboulski
Reply to

I just did a little bit more research and found the service manual. On the link it said "There have been reports of EEPROM being scrambled after geometry adjustments have been made."

I'm afraid that sounds like what happened to me, what do I do?

here's a link to the service manual.

Alex Tsiboulski

Alex best call a shop who has the chipper checker and tell them what you have done.

Reply to
kip

Reply to
Art

Art,

though my knowledge in television electronics is not as far reaching as it is in the PC realm, I'm far from an "average" consumer. I know my hardware, and I knew the risk I was taking as soon as I went into that menu. In my defense, curiosity did get the best of me when I entered the geometry menu, but I did not save any settings, I barely even moved a slider in any direction. So I'd love to know how the same result wouldn't have happened to a professional.

I'd appreciate some useful input from you, or none at all. Your opinion had nothing to do with the current situation.

Reply to
Alex Tsiboulski

As someone said before, a service company with the chipper check box and software can write defaults back to the eeprom in a matter of moments. This is most likely all you need. It is also at this point probably the only way to fix the set since it will not start normally for you to manually enter the defaults.

Reply to
ampdoc

Thank you ampdoc and kip.

Reply to