RCA cpr 250

I was recently given one of these, but it does not record, playback, rewind, or fast forward. I can still look through the viewfinder, zoom and focus, but nothing else. Any ideas on the problem(s)/solution(s)?

Reply to
gthompson204

Why bother? It's a late 80s machine (IIRC). Any VHS machine will play any tapes this dinosaur made, and there's NO reason to record new video on the VHS format. If you want to get it going for curiosity, I seem to remember changing some position encoders, basket down switches, and a dc-dc converte r chip on the main board for no transport functions. Loading belts also fa il but you would hear the motor running if that were the problem. All my no tes on these have been long discarded.

Reply to
John-Del