Crawford 41A3039 garage door opener

Made by Chamberlin. Receiver quit working, PCB is labeled 14LG300F. Need schematic.

Thanks, Mikek

amdx

Not finding any usable information on the net.

I pulled the board out, inspected it, found a 3 watt resistor that runs hot, couldn't be sure about the value possibly 470 ohms, measures 501 ohms, reinstalled resistor. Noted a sooty area on a the white plastic connector and a slightly brown, baked area under a transistor, thought maybe the transistor had smoked, checks OK. Reinstalled pcb in door opener, still doesn't work. This morning putting the remote control back in the truck, pushed the button, huh, it works. Hard to fix it when it works. We'll see how long this lasts. :-)

Mikek

PS. I still want a schematic.

amdx

It's just smarter than you, you only need the remote while in the truck! When you're out of the truck it's obvious you should be able to open the door yourself!

Come on man, it's simple logic.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

I can't argue with logic. It's still working. Mikek

PS. I have solved the sooty area, at least to my thinking. The transistor that runs hot, caused the PCB to turn slightly brown, I also created a chimney effect causing the air and it's contaminates to rise to about an inch and deposit the contaminates on the white plastic connector

Reply to
amdx

Sounds like a bad Tranny or a bad design..

If the tranny has lost some of the beta, it could operate hot and just barely enough to do the job it's in there for, may even not work at times. I would think if it's a design issue there should be references to it all over the net, you can't hide things like that, people like to talk about the bad things no matter who did it :). Talking about good things is simply boring !

jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Hmm, good info, next time it fails, I can pull that transistor and any/all of the other three with the same number and test beta. Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx