RCA 42" Menu Pops up when pressing any button...

P46924 RCA menu pops up when pressing any of the buttons besides power on. Power on button stops working and you sometimes have to hit the volume button for the TV to power on. Also when this happens the remote stops working. BUT...Sometimes the remote works and turns the TV on and has full functionality. It is an intermittent problem that has been occuring much more frequently now. Sometimes I have to unplug the TV to power off. Also...I get a P.O. and V.O. in red letters on the screen and at the bottom I get a number 9.65 or sometimes less or higher. On the V.O. I get 255 sometimes. SO if anyone can please let me know where to start I would appreciate it very much. The TV is RCA 42" Big Screen Model P46924 and Serial is 041651080K.

Thanks for any advice.

JoseGutz

Replace all the front panel tact switches, or just unplug the front panel assembly. The remote should work fine now. Dani.

JoseGutz wrote:

Reply to
Dani

Thank you. It worked. I appreciate it...

Dani wrote:

Reply to
JoseGutz

I was going to say that it sounds as though the power tach button is your problem. if the nicro sees a button down it will not answer any other request, not even the remote, because it is already busy tring to do something else

Reply to
David Naylor

Now my audio went to static yesterday... Is this an issue with the same area? Please, any advise would be great! Thank you all...

David Naylor wrote:

Reply to
JoseGutz

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:14:35 -0800, JoseGutz Has Frothed:

EPROM problems perhaps? Know anything about servicing ?

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow