Question for KIP!!

With the Sony KV series T.V.'s, do you always replace the green, & also the black VDR's, even if they check ok, or just the black ones? Rono.

Reply to
Rono

Rono: I am not Kip but in my shop, when repairing these troublesome SMPS units I always replace all the VDRs (green and black)... and the small chicklet caps... and obviously along with both switching transistors and the 1 ohm resistor. Further diagnosis may reveal more components than I mentioned. I always bring this supply up slowly with a variac while watching the switching waveforms for problems per the Sony training materials...... If you do not have the Sony factory service literature for this you would be wise to obtain it before you unnecessarily smoke expensive parts.

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Rono"  wrote in message
> With the Sony KV series T.V.'s, do you always
> replace the green, & also the black VDR's, even
> if they check ok, or just the black ones? Rono.

Reply to
sofie

Yes, when I was doing this work I also replaced everything in Sony's recommendations.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Thanks, Rono.