Q on tv: tilting screen

I just bought a new tv and am noticing that it the images are tilting sightly to the right. It's really starting to bug me! Is there an easy way to fix this (like you can on a computer monitor)? I really don't wanna take it to a repair shop!

Reply to
lhfreak

Make, model, size? Turn the tv on its axis with respect to the north pole to change the tilt. If it were a higher end larger tv set 32" or bigger, it might have a tilt correction circuit built in, check the owners manual. If not there is not way to correct for the tilt.

A 27" size tv can have up to 1/2" tilt from the earth's magnetic field depending on orientation and location of the tv set.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Check in the user set-up, if there is a tilt control. The higher end models mostly have this option. If not, you will have to bring the set back to the dealer for service.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
JANA

If it was defective like that right out of the box, the dealer should exchange it for another.

Reply to
Mikey

Just another case of somebody that has to be told what to do. Take The Dam Thing Back To The Store.

Reply to
kip

LOL!!

And a general rule to anyone who brings a new TV into da house - TURN THE DAM CONTRAST DOWN ALMOST HALF WAY!

-CC

Reply to
ChrisCoaster

Try moving it to a different part of the room and see if the behavior changes, if it does it could be magnetism. If not, as others have said, take the thing back and exchange it, it's new so it's not worth messing with.

Reply to
James Sweet

Is the set tuned to Fox News? If so, you set is perfectly fine. It's Sean Hannity's head that leans more and more to stage right the more aggravated he gets. This is not an issue with your TV. Even when Hannity's not there, the studio set is still leaning to the right.

-CC

Reply to
ChrisCoaster

If it's a new combo VCR/TV on combo DVD/TV it's normal. I've got a customer who bought 8 of them and every one of them tilted. All junk. Garbage Chinese crap.

Reply to
RonKZ650