lsx-3210

Hello all,

I bought an LSX-3210 Elemenet HDTV back in Jan '07. I used it as both TV and PC monitor since then with few problems, however last Friday the TV would not longer power on. After doing some research I found out this is a common problem with this model, i.e. If the computer hooked-up to VGA port told the monitor to power down it would do so- never to power back up.

Since I mainly used this as my computer monitor it wouldn't make sense to try to continue to use this as a monitor so I bought a replacement monitor. However, it really was a good value with a decent tuner and great picture.

I would really like to fix this unit and give it to my brother to use as a stand alone TV. I understand if I try to use this as monitor again it will probably just fail again, but if I can fix it and purpose it as just a TV I save some bucks.

Seeing as this seems to be a known problem with this line does anyone know which components neeed replacing to get this set back up and running? Are parts avaialable? Should I look for an independant shop in the area?

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
Chris A. Kusmierz