PTK169 tuner problems

I have a PTK169 that has some serious tuner problems. Im wondering if the tuner is bad or not.

if you manually use the remote to put in the channel, the channel will come in on either A or B, but is very snowy on the lower end. upper end is slightly snowy.

When you try to do a autoprogram, it will set the tuner to A and air from cable.

and the only channel that programs in is 91. the rest are rejected. If manually tuned, its ok.

I read somewhere that C4143k will leak and damage traces, so i pulled the cap, and see no damage or leakage. I replaced it anyway, with absolutely no change.

I checked the 33V test point, and it shows 33.2v.

any ideas?

Reply to
Mike

Art

Reply to
Art

I dont have the pinouts of the tuner, so i cant test for voltages.

Whats funny about this whole situation is the tuner DOES come in enough so you can actually watch the channel. But why wont autoscan pick up anything?

Reply to
Mike

one other thing I noticed also, the sound is ok, but once in a while youll hear it drift into some static like AFT is bad, but it only lasts a couple seconds, and its fine again. the AFT adjustment had no effect on anything other than cutting out the sound entirely.

Reply to
Mike

Starting from the top (rear of tuner with F connectors)

(connector for grounds)

12 1

9

12

12

34

-10

6 5 5

Reply to
Mike

will the tuner from a PTK195 lightbox work? i got one around here for parts. bad conv supply. person didnt want it fixed and i got stuck with the guts. hehe..

Reply to
Mike

are these right?

Reply to